I mentioned that I forgot to look at the layout on the ‘Stacks’ quilt from the Modern Quilts Illustrated Issue #1. A number of comments and some other inquiries later, I suppose it’s much less of a mistake than I thought.
SO – here it is…
Mine ends with the long horizontal pieces of green, while the Stacks instructions and cutting inventory ends with the short ones. You would’ve thought I’d have figured out something was wrong when I put the pieces together and ran out of the longer strips of green, but still had plenty of the shorter pieced ones.
No. I did not.
In fact I went ahead and cut more longer strips of green. And didn’t realize there was a difference until I was writing the previous entry.
I blame the dogs for distracting me and sitting on all of the pieces as I was piecing.
They are not feeling least bit guilty or defensive.
Oh my, how can you live with yourself 🙂 Just kidding. At least your deviation was consistent across the quilt–therefore not a mistake, just a modification.
Darn dogs! I think it looks fine. Love the pattern.